Ans - As the name suggests, Preventive healthcare is a primary sector of healthcare that deals with investigation of risk factors and genetic makeup of a human being in order to help prevent them from falling ill.
The key factor of preventive care is that it can be applied at any stage in life in order to protect YOU from falling ill and making sure you are living as the healthiest version of yourself.
In a world where we have very recently lived through (and in many ways still live through) a global pandemic, the importance of preventive health care has never been more highlighted.
The need for quality healthcare in order to build a healthy society of people is the need of the hour.
Carebyte Health is here to bridge the gap in the Indian Healthcare system and focus more on a preventive health care approach, in order to make sure that you have all the tools to a healthier future.
Primary health care management of chronic conditions entails:
Risk assessment - Assessing a patient's family history and conducting tests that might be necessary to rule out any risk to developing an illness.
Detection of the disease in early stages- The quicker the detection, the faster the intervention can begin.
Long-term follow ups - Follow ups even after the illness has been cured in order to make sure the patient is healthy.
Regular check ups - Timely check ups with your Healthcare professional to monitor the illness and how to manage it.
A combination of physiological as well as pharmacological interventions - Prescribing the appropriate dosage of medication but also supplementing it with lifestyle changes such as diet, exercise and stress management.
Great stress on promotion of adherence to less intrusive treatment methods. - Lifestyle changes such as diet modification, monitoring alcohol consumption, a more active lifestyle
At Carebyte Health - We have a well-curated team of professionals such as General Physicians, Clinical Psychologists, Nutritionists and Fitness experts.
They work in tandem to not only investigate the current health condition of the client but also provide a long-term management program, to make sure the client is never left unsupported.
We believe that in the patient health care role, it is integral that we not only provide them with pharmacological assistance but also develop a relationship with our clients, to handhold them through their journey.
This also enables our health care professionals to have a more active level of participation in the client's journey by being able to educate, diagnose, treat and prevent them from further illness all at the same time.
In order to help you gain a deeper insight into the world of preventive care, let us now introduce to you the three levels that preventive care operates at :
1) Primary Prevention - Primary prevention focuses on treating the illness before it even occurs.
This method includes motivating the client to make lifestyle changes, educating patients about health risks, and helping the patient follow a plan that is tailor-made to their needs.
Example : BRCA screening for Breast Cancer, Getting your cholesterol levels checked frequently in order to monitor them especially if you have a family history of high/low cholesterol.
2) Secondary Prevention - This stage of prevention focuses on aiming to improve the impact of a disease that has already occurred.
This method includes regular check-ins and screening tests to be done for the patient to ensure that the treatment method is effective.
Example - In case of Diabetes, making sure that your HbA1C (fasting blood sugar) as close to 6 or below as possible.
In case of PCOS, Making sure you have a regular menstrual cycle - done through regular check ups with your gynecologist and tests that are used to monitor health status.
If early detection of negative patterns in tests are revealed, the treatment plan can then be tailored at the earliest to avoid future complications.
3) Tertiary Prevention - Tertiary Prevention focuses on softening the impact of an ongoing illness or injury.
This is done by providing patients a long term effective treatment plan in order to help them lead a high quality life by managing the effects of the on going ailment.
Example - Constant support and rehabilitation programs are key elements of this stage.
Q : So what are the benefits of Preventive Health Care?
Ans - Some of the benefits of the preventive health care model are :
1) Live a Healthier and Longer Life - The preventive health care model ensures motivating the clients to build healthier lifestyle habits which in turn ensures a disease free life.
2) Save Money - By being aware and have already assessed health risks, you are on the track to avoid getting ill often and already have the tools to manage your illness from the word go. This means no long hospital bills or expensive treatments!
3) Achieve All your Goals - By adopting the preventive health care model, you are one step closer to becoming the best version of yourself. This guarantee's lesser health obstacles in your path and hence motivating you to reach for the stars!
4) Be on top of your Health Game - The preventive health care model ensures that you look at your health from a 360 degree angle - be that social, physical or mental health! You can be one step ahead of your illness at each point and have the tools to combat it before it gets any worse!
5) Educate yourself and your Family Members - By being educated about your health condition and your genetic disposition to illness, you are not only more aware of your own health status but can also educate the members of your family, to make healthier lifestyle choices.
This model ensures better health for you and your loved ones!
Preventive Care, simply put, is the future of our healthcare industry and slowly but surely proving to be more effective in combating chronic illnesses.
Also is a key factor in promoting a healthier and disease-free lifestyle for a healthy future.
So don't lose your chance to hop on the preventive health care train and sign up for Carebyte's services right away!
With a subscription fee less than your food order bill, Carebyte is sure to help you kickstart your journey into managing your illness and living a hassle-free healthy life!