At the tip of everyone's tongue, the first advice we hear is: if you want to feel better, cut out that screen time!
"Stop scrolling through your phone"
"Instagram is bad for you"
One click and you will find articles galore that highlight the negative effects of screen time on your mental health.
We acknowledge that anything in excess can lead you down a dark road but it is also time to focus on how technology and screens can actually have a beneficial side too (in moderation, of course).
This blog will explore a few ways in which you can can turn your daily screen time struggle into something that actually helps uplift your mood .
1. Sleep Meditations - While notoriously known for keeping you up late at night, you can actually use some of your screen time to help improve your sleep quality! From crashing waves to droplets of rain on your window, Get transported to your happy place from your own bed!
Not only are these videos calming to listen to but also promote an increase in your sleep quality - its a win-win!
2. Take a Yoga Class - Use your 10 minutes wisely, ditch the social media reels and play a short yoga class to follow along. Not only does yoga help add movement to your day but also promotes an increase in sleep quality and muscle relaxation.
3. Take a much needed break - Use two minutes of your daily life for yourself. Sacrifice the constant checking of your email inbox and take two minutes for yourself. Log on to http://www.donothingfor2minutes.com/ and take these minutes to breathe deeper and give yourself the break you have been yearning for.
Who knew 2 minutes is all it would take to feel refreshed?
4. Start your day with a smile - Looking for just that extra bit of joy and motivation each morning? Sign up for the free service of https://www.tut.com/notes-from-the-universe/ and receive a sweet note in your email inbox each morning. Just the push you need to begin your day on a happy note.
5. Take up a new skill - Use your scrolling time to scroll through a new recipe or a fun follow along dance video! Use your screen time to add a new hobby in your life! Fun, refreshing and all available at the time you need it.
6. Get an audio book subscription - Traveling from point A to point B? Folding your laundry? Get yourself an audio book subscription and use your screen time to read that book that you always promised yourself you would get to.
7) Get yourself a Carebyte subscription - Download the Carebyte App and have the best health advice on your finger tips. No more waiting rooms and no long lines; online consultations at your convenience, unlimited number of times and 24/7! Meet your Care Team today!